Apricot Prune Tea Cake
I found the recipe here. I have followed the recipe except that I did not use the ½ tsp salt as suggested. Also I used almost ½ cup of milk instead of ¾ as recommended in the recipe and my baking time was 5-6 minutes over the specified baking time of 55 minutes.
- 1. Cover prunes and apricots (or other dried fruit) with boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes. Drain and chop finely.
- 2. In small bowl, sift 2 cups flour with baking powder.
- 3. In another small bowl, combine brown sugar with remaining tablespoon flour and cinnamon. Set aside.
- 4. Cream butter until fluffy. Add 3/4 cup sugar, mixing well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until light.
- 5. At low speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture alternating with milk and vanilla until just blended.
- 6. Fold in chopped fruit.
- 7. Pour a third of batter into greased 9-inch tube pan. Spread evenly and sprinkle with a third of brown sugar mixture. Drizzle with a third of melted butter.
- 8.Repeat for 2 additional layers.
- 9.Top with chopped Walnuts.
- 10.Bake in a preheated 180 degree celcius oven for 55 minutes (I took ~60 minutes) or until inserted tester comes out clean.
- 11.Cool on rack for 10 minutes.
- 12.Remove cake from pan and return to rack to cool thoroughly.
I already have request from the family to repeat the Apricot Prune Tea cake and that means it was really good! :) My little one loved it and the DH, with an eternal sweet tooth was asking for more! Maybe I can glaze it the next time or maybe even top it with a Chocolate sauce! Will let you know.