I love Beets, so whenever I see fresh juicy Beets in the farmers market I cannot resist the temptation to buy them. The Beets that are usually available locally are quite big in size. I just love to boil them, chop and sprinkle some salt and pepper and eat it right away, when they are still warm. My other favourite Beet recipe is beet+Yoghurt- Raita/Koshimbir.
I saw these cute little baby Beets the other day in the market and couldn’t resist buying them. Even as I was buying them, this recipe for Pickled Beetsfrom Elise @Simply Recipes was on my mind. The Beets were scrubbed clean the moment I reached home- Boiled (I did that in a pressure cooker), cooled, cut and dressed with the mustard vinaigrette -all done in no time. I have changed the proportion of ingredients to suit our taste.
These delicious Pickled beetsare now a favourite in our house and we add them to everything from salads to wraps!
Thanks Elise for this simple yet delicious Pickled Beetsrecipe, my family loves it!
Here’s the recipe:
- 6 - 7 Beets Baby
- 2 tsps mustard seeds split (or you can use dry mustard)
- ~ 2 tbsp Cider Vinegar
- ~ 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- to taste Salt
- Clean and boil the Baby Beets (I used a pressure cooker). Peel off the skin and halve them (If you do not have baby Beets, use the big ones and chop them into cubes after boiling)
- Whisk together the ingredients for the Vinaigrette in a mixing bowl. Adjust the sugar or pepper/salt if required.
- Add the boiled beets.
- Mix nicely for all the beets to coat.
- Keep covered at room temperature for ~ 1 hour.
Serve as a side dish or add to salads or wraps.
These Pickled beets recipes are being sent just in time for Blog Bites #6 @One Hot Stove
How clever- I must try this recipe soon, the beets soaking up spices would be delicious. Thanks for the entry.
Priya Yallapantula says
Wow, that’s new, never had pickled beets, they look beautiful !!!
Yes, this does look like a very good find! Thanks!
I love pickled beets! Thanks for the recipe 🙂 And also for dropping by The Sugar Bar for the giveaway. x
Thanks Diva 🙂