A very simple way to use leftover Rotis and curries: This is a hit with my little one and he doesn’t even know he is eating beans, cauliflower, carrots!
Left over Rotis are stuffed with vegetable mixed with soya sauce, tomato ketchup, sprinkled with cheese, drizzled with oil, toasted and cut into triangle like Quesadillas.
The Idea for sealing the Roti edges comes from Nupur’s Aayis samosa. Thanks Nupur and your Aai for this brilliant idea.
Roti Quesadilla Recipe:
Leftover Chapatis (you need them in pairs)
For the Filling:
- Cooked mixed Vegetables of your choice (I have added carrots, cabbage, capsicum, Green beans, onion and tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste-
- Heat 1 tsp oil/butter in a pan.
- Add ginger garlic paste.
- Add the cooked mixed vegetables. Fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt if not already added, tomato ketchup , soya sauce and mix well. Keep Aside.
- Spread butter on one side of the Roti.
- Add the vegetable filling and spread, leaving xbd inch space from the sides.
- Sprinkle cheese.
- Apply the Chickpea flour paste on the edge of the Roti.
- Cover with another Roti (you can apply the Chickpea paste to the edges of the 2nd Roti too)
- Press edges using a spoon or fork.
- Heat a flat pan and drizzle some oil.
- Cook the Rotis on both sides till golden brown.
- Cut quarters of the Roti-Quesadilla using a pizza cutter.
- Serve Hot.
Thank you for visiting My FoodCourt ..Cheers
Mmm…they look delicious, and your filling seems almost like a spring roll stuffing!!
Great way to use up the leftover rotis!
Loved the filling. I made something similar as well. I intend to try this on my son, hopefully he will like it :-))