Tandoori-the name itself triggers the taste buds for most of the people. The combination of different aromatic spices with the raw smoked vegetables is sure to tempt even fussy eaters! These are wonderful party starters (if you have the patience) or cocktail snacks.
You can use assorted vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, yam, fresh green peas with the shells, baby onions or even fruits like pineapple. This is the perfect season for spicy hot Tandoori parties.
My Tandoori platter today has babycorns, mushrooms and Paneer (Indian cottage cheese). I don’t have a Tandoor, so I use a shegri (chulha) – a coal fired stove. You can use the stove top with a griddle or even the oven to grill the vegetables.
Here’s the recipe for my Tandoori platter:
- ~ xbd cup curd thick
- 2 tsp Masala Tandoori
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- xbc tsp turmeric
- xbd tsp lemon juice
- 4 - 5 mint leaves chopped finely (or coriander leaves)
- ~ 2 - 3 tsp oil
- to taste Salt
- Whisk the Marinade ingredients together. Adjust the spices to your taste, if required.
- Add the Babycorns, Paneer and Mushrooms to the curd mixture.
- Mix well so that the curd mixture coats all the pieces evenly.
- Keep aside for 30minutes to 1 hr.
- Grill on the coal fired stove (using a mesh) or insert into skewers and grill on stove tops or grill in the oven till vegetables are browned or even a little charred (if you like the smoky flavour)
- Serve hot direct from the stove top!
Note: Chopped onions sprinkled with salt and red chilli powder and green chutney are good accompaniments with the Tandoori vegetables.
I love the smoky flavor of tandoori anything.Hopefully there will be a counter top tandoor sometime in the future.Until then we have to grill/bake/broil…toil to get that same flavor.I haven’t tried this marinade though.Yummy platter:)
this tandoori platter looks fantastic!
Yummy yumm.. EVERYTHING on that Platter looks delicious.
ummmm yummy platter
That’s the way to have a platter … Tandoori!! I have to wait until Summer for this now :(, so for now I am going to read and re-read your recipe!! So delicious!
Satish Tilokchandani says
i tried it , it tasted great thanks 🙂
Can you share some more such Marinade ?